Wednesday, July 31, 2013

the goings on

Sorry it's been a while. Nothing too exciting to report.  This past weekend, a bunch of east coasters were in town for various things. Andy/Kendra/Sierra/Brett came out for a wedding, and the New York Masters men and women came out for masters nationals.  It was good to see everyone.

On Sunday, A&K et al and I went to a Rockies game. Good seats behind the third base line.  I haven't been to a baseball game in quite a few years so it was a really good time.  Plus the Rockies won.  Maybe I'll adopt them as my baseball team.  Only problem is baseball is boring. haha


Last week Thursday I had a phone interview with an oil company.  It went very well but inside sources tell me that they may have filled the position before they even interviewed me and were just interviewing me as a gesture.  Oh well. It was good practice.  This Tuesday I had an interview with a company called Level 3. It went very well and seems very promising. I'll know more in a few days. I find it interesting that getting a business-y job is easier for me than getting a restaurant job seems to be.  I've filled out a few applications for restaurants and have heard absolutely nothing from any of them. Oh well.

Next weekend Bent and PoNY are coming out for another tournament. It'll be good to see more east coast friends, especially because I missed them at Wildwood.

Till next time,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment