Sunday, July 21, 2013

This weekend i was a loser...

So I picked up with a team for a tournament this weekend and as it turns out, we were all losers. Seriously. We lost every game. It was awful. Haha. This is where typically I'd insert the obligatory, "Well someone had to lose" line, but wow. It was a tough weekend. There was no individual problem-- and many people on the team had talent... but we just couldn't put it together. On an individual level...i played fine. Not great. Not terribly. Just fine.

There were a couple high notes to the weekend though. First of all...look at the picture of where I played. I mean c'mon. How you could you not have a good time in a location like that.  Secondly, once again...I met some decent people. I also met some douchebags. haha. I believe you'll find them throughout the world so no real surprise there. But yeah. Some cool people. I also met up with Trent, a local ultimate organizer, who clued me in to a bunch of stuff coming up. There are a bunch of hat tournaments, for starters, and a "beach" tournament on the sand dunes.  That's super exciting and I'm going to try to put a team together to play in that. I also want to try and see if I can sand surf while I'm out there. It sounds like an awesome time.

I also met up with Aneliya, a girl I knew in high school. She had a low key party where I got to sit and get to know some people. A worthwhile time. She's going to be away for a bit but when she returns, she's moving to Denver (she currently lives 45 minutes away in boulder). .This is a good thing since she'll be able to show me more stuff when she moves closer.

But yeah...that's pretty much it. Applied for a few jobs this past week. Haven't heard back from any yet. Gonna keep on that track this week...

OH. At Aneliya's party, I met a girl who works for a company that is trying to raise educational awareness and they are looking for people to help them.  Pays $10/hr. That'll be good while I have nothing else going on.

Till next time,

j

1 comment:

  1. hey jesse
    That's awesome your having a great time in Colorado. take care

    alex

    ReplyDelete