Thursday, July 4, 2013

A New Apartment

So I'm finally in to my new apartment. Brian and I got in on Monday, I signed the lease, got the keys, then went and booked a hotel room. Haha.  Funny how not having any furniture makes an apartment effectively  useless...

The apartment is smaller than the model home that they showed me which is pretty annoying.  Still a good size and worth the money but yeah...I feel a bit cheated as far as that's concerned. The central air is nice though...

So Tuesday and Wednesday I went out and bought a bunch of things. Right now I have a bed, dresser, full kitchen, and bathroom essentials.  The living room and dining room are still completely empty.  Oh well...one step at a time.

Burning through cash on large purchases is not a good feeling.  I'm going to up the time table of getting a job.  I am working for SMI still but they're making me go through a whole approval process before I do any work. I guess that's not too surprising but kind of a pain.

Anyway, living alone is cool so far.  I think i'm going to like it.  One goal will be to not become an alcoholic.  It'd be easy to sit here and drink and set things up all day...but that's not exactly productive (in the right way). Gotta get out there and see the world (and get a job).

Pictures of the apartment to come, once it's a little more set up and cleaned up.

j

1 comment:

  1. Jesse, read your blog. You're amazing! I hope you are enjoying the area. I can't wait to see more pictures. Giving thanks to the Lord for your safety!
    Love, Aunt Edwina

    ReplyDelete